Looking to combine your passion for motorcycling with providing a valuable service to the community then Blood Bikes Scotland needs you!
- Must hold IAM or RoSPA Advanced Rider Certificate.
- Hold a full clean license
- Willing to ride in all weather
- Current hours of service are Monday – Friday 18:00 – 20:00 and Saturday & Sunday 08:00 – 16:00. Borders service is 24x 7 with on call at weekends
- Can be rider, friend or family member
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and have a good telephone manner
- Current hours of service are Saturday & Sunday 08:00 – 16:00
- Can be rider, controller, friend or family member
- Willing to provide a few hours can shaking or participating in group events
So if you want to help but always thought that because you are not a biker you were not able to assist, then think again we can use your skills on or off a bike! Please contact us via the contact us page.
Why Blood Bikes?
Blood Bikes have been a feature in the UK since 1969. In recent years the number of blood bike groups has grown significantly and there are now hundreds of motorcyclists who freely volunteer their time to the service. People often ask why a blood bikes service is needed and what it is that we actually do. If you look at the aims of all the blood bike groups you will see some common themes:
Saving money for the NHS
Giving something back to the community